Win! Win! Win! How competition giveaways can help your SEO
Everyone likes a freebie and the bigger the freebie the more attention it’s going to get! As well as brand building, competitions are great for link building and social shares. Here’s a quick guide to get one started!
1)Arrange a prize. Talk to your client and see if you can get something that really
appeals to your audience!
2) Create a page on the website that promotes your competition. It would be best to have a link from the home page to utilise the traffic that you get day to day.
3) Set the competition up through Facebook and twitter. A competition is a great way to get followers and likes. You can make these interactive through twitter and Facebook by asking people to post their answers to their pages and tag/ mention your brand.
4) Make it creative and fun! Eg. Tell us in our status/ tweet what makes you worthy of winning or ask them to post a picture and tag you in!
5) Give it a deadline! This encourages people to enter as soon as they see the competition.
6) When link building, create banners that promote your competition and post them to appropriate sites to attract the right target market. This will also help your SEO!
7) When announcing the winner, give them a big shout out on your website and also to runners up. This is a good way to get people favouring the brand.
8) Announce the date of the next competition to keep people following!
Competitions are a traditional PR technique that have now become beneficial for SEO, creating a fully integrated digital PR campaign. Give it a go!