Google Plus Communities, What You Need To Know
Its fair to say that just like a pancake, google plus has got off to a pretty flat start. Since its launch in 2011 it has
been up against giants such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin, so critics have been the first to emphasise its somewhat lack of success.
However notably, SEOs and internet fanatics alike have jumped on the plus 1 band wagon, as it has been proven to increase rankings and is a great tool in a well rounded marketing strategy. So, lets take a look at the ingredients it takes to make a google plus strategy – along with the new communities tool – successful.
The benefits of using the platform are as follows:
1. It allows for specifically targeted ‘groups’ to receive specific messages. This includes allowing users to display the information that they want specific groups to see, not one post for all.
2. Your site will be indexed super fast.
3. Click through rate increases by between 5% and 10% if you have a socially enhanced listing.
4. It has much more of a dedicated user, with the 60% of users logging in everyday compared to 50% of Twitter users logging in daily.
5. There are 90+ million users, and growing!
6. It enables the user to video chat for free.
And to add to this, the new communities tool allows businesses to:
- Network with like minded individuals.
- Direct access to members with active interests in your area with open interaction.
- Develop international connections as opposed to previous regional restrictions.
In conclusion, using Google plus for your business in essence will only satisfy Google! Using a platform that they are desperate to push so will help search engine rankings. With google being by far the most powerful ally in the internet marketing world, its in our best interest to be friends.