Mobile SEO Guide – Brighton SEO Video
Hi and welcome to this weeks SEO video, today I’m joined by Kieran from the SEO department. Last week me and the SEO team headed down south for the #brightonseo conference.
One of the presentations that we though extremely relevant was the Mobile SEO presentation by Aleyda Solia, in just 7 minutes she explained 7 things you need to know about mobile SEO.
You can see the full presentation at bit.ly/domobileseo , so.. lets get started:
- What’s your mobile audience behaviour in your site? – You need to use GA to identify the amount of users browsing on mobile devices, you can do this through GA by going Audience >> Mobile >> Devices. <Screen Shot>
- What’s your sites behaviour in mobile SERP’s. – You can use webmaster tools to do this by going traffic >> search queries >> filters >> Mobile (smartphone). <Screen shot>
- What’s your audience behaviour in Google’s mobile search? – Use the Adword keyword tool to do this, under advanced options and filters >> Show ideas and statistics for >> All mobile devices <screen shots>
- What’s your site behaviour with mobile devices? – This is to check how your site looks on mobile devices, you can use sites such as Pagespeed insights, Google’s Getmometer and webmaster tools fetch as Google mobile bot <screen shot>
- What’s your content and product offer for a mobile audience? - You need to decide whether the content you serve mobile users is the same or different to desktop users.
- What’s your technical capacity to develop a mobile site? – There are 3 options when developing a mobile site, dynamically serve different content for mobile users, build a parallel mobile version or our favourite make a responsive site. Gav and Rob from our design department have touched on this in a web video blog which we have linked from the supporting blog. <screen shot>
- Based on the previous aspects, decide on the type of Mobile web you need? – Using an info-graphic on http://www.stateofsearch.com/mobile-seo-recommendations/ you can easily decipher what sort of mobile site you will be able to create based on your current set up. <screen shot>
Thats it, a fantastic guide from Aleyda on mobile SEO, any questions or comments please leave them on the supporting blog post.