The Best Link is One You Don't Know About – Video Blog
Welcome to this weeks video blog, today we’re talking links for 2013, a cliche topic around this time of year… so with that in mind we’re not gonna talk about the normal ‘what your SEO consultant wants to hear’ points.
There are loads blogs out there already talking about Link building techniques for 2013 and the majority are spot on, but in reality nothing should have changed from 2012, 2011 or 2010.
So, to ensure we don’t miss anything thing, this is what the majority of SEO’s are saying:
- Quality over quantity
- Avoid Exact Match Post Penguin
- Do some link baiting
- Guest blogging & PR
- Quality content creation
All of the above are good pieces of advice, but it’s sometimes difficult to execute or put into context. Then the other day, our colleague Kieran Headley tweeted ‘A Natural Link is One That is a Surprise For you!’.
Kieran he claims to have originated the phrase, but we’re not totally convinced… That said we are claiming ‘The best link is one you don’t know about’.
It sounds simple, but is
How do you make this happen? Well we believe it’s all about engagement!
- Sharing your content with the right people is vital, whether its blog readers, twitter followers, facebook friends or even people in your Google plus circles.
- Networking & industry presence is key to making this happen, so start outreaching and interacting with key people from your sector.
- Of course if you produce good quality content, friends and followers will naturally take interest, so expectantly content is king!
- Don’t be afraid to ask and build new relationships with people who interest you or can help your business achieve more visibility.
We believe in this age of holistic SEO, social engagement might not only help build great brands, friends and associates , but even good old fashioned links.
Thanks for watching this week, any questions of comments please leave them on the supporting blog post.